It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
i decided to do a achievement unlocker map for lazy peoples who don't want to get the achievements them selves, also since i learned how to do them because of my new mod. This involves no programs or extras its using the in game stuff nothing added , this also only unlocks un-NPC based achievements since NPC ones are done through the NPC. (if you want to know what entity it twas to do this its "logic_achievement"

Thou download link ; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MC88CZU5

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
i decided to do a achievement unlocker map for lazy peoples who don't want to get the achievements them selves, also since i learned how to do them because of my new mod. This involves no programs or extras its using the in game stuff nothing added , this also only unlocks un-NPC based achievements since NPC ones are done through the NPC. (if you want to know what entity it twas to do this its "logic_achievement"

Thou download link ; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MC88CZU5


achievements?
since when do you have these for valve games?

so in fact you are creating a cheating map? :P great!

so how can achievements be controlled by an entity? i thought these where tied to the game which monitors the players statistics, what has the logic_achievement have to do with it and what can or does it do?

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 am 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
well Episode 2 had achievements since release also portal has them, but HL2 and Ep1 have them on xbox. and well .. yes you could theoretically call it a cheating map.

The entity is linked to a script file and in the properties it has a list of achievements events like "radar cache 1" and you trigger it and it will unlock the achievement or that part of the achievement. Im trying the fugue out how to make them.

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
well Episode 2 had achievements since release also portal has them, but HL2 and Ep1 have them on xbox. and well .. yes you could theoretically call it a cheating map.

The entity is linked to a script file and in the properties it has a list of achievements events like "radar cache 1" and you trigger it and it will unlock the achievement or that part of the achievement. Im trying the fugue out how to make them.


Hmmmmm... does achievements get you money in any kind of way?

achievements might be called "cool" or is a hype to show your gaming abilities to others by statistics.
i never had the feeling of achieving any of that shit. i play for my own fun, and statitics are not it.

like a cop once told me in liberty city:"you're about to be a statistic!" i kinda feel that way when i'm doing achievements... and i won't get paid for it either.

this doesn't mean i'm against creating this map, in fact i see it as a good solution, how pointless it is aiming for statistics.
you show them it can be cheaten, and so it doesn't mean anything anymore. (of course, people will always dissagree)
pretty handy too if you need the achievements for any kind of reason.

i just got a name for this map: *dm_achievement_switch (* dm or rp or whatever)

by the way, how can you achieve radar cash of 1 dollar?

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
Yer the achievements are just to show off your gaming or cheating or creativity ability you get nothin for them, but achievements do come in handy for when you get bored and want a challenge like in EP2 you have to take a gnome from the second level all the way to the end of the game , twas challenging. and i don't know ask valve see how much radar cash they have archived.

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
Yer the achievements are just to show off your gaming or cheating or creativity ability you get nothin for them, but achievements do come in handy for when you get bored and want a challenge like in EP2 you have to take a gnome from the second level all the way to the end of the game , twas challenging. and i don't know ask valve see how much radar cash they have archived.


hmmmmm getting bored sounds like a modern problem.
i suggest you better spend that time doing creative things other than those useless timekilling bullshit like fucking a gnome all game long. :P

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:48 pm 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
Hey! that gnome was my friend! we had fun going through kill combinses and getting pissed off with alyx , like everyone does. we even had a nice car ride enjoying the scenery! but then he got shot into space, i just .. just cant believe valve would make such a thing happen even lamar got sent into space! how could they!

Yer boredom is a common thing like depression , how long before they make boredom pills ... oh wait they have , even tho there on the slightly illegal engender.

And im being creative , ive now started a mod (well my 5th one) and i finerly know how to script it all like the main menu u have to script and everything, god its hard.

So what have you been up to mapping wise lately?

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 am 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
Hey! that gnome was my friend! we had fun going through kill combinses and getting pissed off with alyx , like everyone does. we even had a nice car ride enjoying the scenery! but then he got shot into space, i just .. just cant believe valve would make such a thing happen even lamar got sent into space! how could they!

Yer boredom is a common thing like depression , how long before they make boredom pills ... oh wait they have , even tho there on the slightly illegal engender.

And im being creative , ive now started a mod (well my 5th one) and i finerly know how to script it all like the main menu u have to script and everything, god its hard.

So what have you been up to mapping wise lately?


i see.
i never had the patience to figure out how to create a mod. too much code for me makes me... depressed.

no ive not been mapping lately... the map in progress i put in the frigde. (still, its looking good)
now i'm working an n-gauge model railway.
so it's nothing behind a computer... no wait. somethings i do create on the pc for the railway.
decals, logo's, signs and pavements etc.
it's pretty time consuming, more than creating a map.
it's not like i can do [CTRL]+[Z] to undo what i did.
i also have to wait till paint and glue dries... i even have to go to stores.
none of these things ever came to me while creating a map... it's different i tell you!

when done, or near done, i'll post photo's of it.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 am 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
Wow man at least you have the time to do that stuff , i was going to have a go at making one but then i saw the amount of wood i would need to buy since i have no spare space anywhere so i would have to make a suspended one, also the price for it all can go pretty high.

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 am 
Let's Rock!
Let's Rock!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 82
Location: Silver City, NM
The price is way to high, I started to build one when I was 13, I bought an entire HO Scale Train Set, and then started buying scaled buildings and accessories from my local hobby store, spent well over $200.

unfortunatly it all failed :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
yes well, the price is always a problem.
both price and space is troublish.
so i could say its both a blessing and a con that my model railway is pretty small.
i just make sure it's detailed enough.
its only 116x53cm. and i didn't even have space for that either.
so what did i do? i edited a piece of furniture and created into that one... you'll see it when it's done.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:52 pm 
Come Get Some!
Come Get Some!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 173
Location: The Netherlands - Vlaardingen
Lol ive got an Team Fortress 2 Achievement unlocker , unlocked like 200 achievements in 10 seconds , NOW THAT FUN XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:12 pm 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
FlameX wrote:
Lol ive got an Team Fortress 2 Achievement unlocker , unlocked like 200 achievements in 10 seconds , NOW THAT FUN XD


Modme server or a program you lazy... well i cant say much i used modme a few times.

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 am 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
FlameX wrote:
Lol ive got an Team Fortress 2 Achievement unlocker , unlocked like 200 achievements in 10 seconds , NOW THAT FUN XD


Modme server or a program you lazy... well i cant say much i used modme a few times.


modme? does?

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:41 am 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
Smartzenegger wrote:
epic wrote:
FlameX wrote:
Lol ive got an Team Fortress 2 Achievement unlocker , unlocked like 200 achievements in 10 seconds , NOW THAT FUN XD


Modme server or a program you lazy... well i cant say much i used modme a few times.


modme? does?


its a server were if you lucky to get in with around 2000 people at the same time trying ,lets you get all achievements and new guns by typing !givemeall .

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 am 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
"Smartzenegger"]
epic wrote:
FlameX wrote:
Lol ive got an Team Fortress 2 Achievement unlocker , unlocked like 200 achievements in 10 seconds , NOW THAT FUN XD


Modme server or a program you lazy... well i cant say much i used modme a few times.


modme? does?

its a server were if you lucky to get in with around 2000 people at the same time trying ,lets you get all achievements and new guns by typing !givemeall .


givemeal? what kind of meal is that? happy meal from mc donalds?

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 am 
Damn I'm Good!
Damn I'm Good!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 394
Location: On my computer
Its a kind of an American expression , give me all , would be commonly used as-well around there.

_________________
Some rambling nonsense here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HL2 Episode 2 achievment unlocker map
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1940
Location: Holland - The Netherlands
epic wrote:
Its a kind of an American expression , give me all , would be commonly used as-well around there.


all? "would that include the bullit in this gun?" -Morpheus

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net