[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3692)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3692)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3692)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3692)
Smartzenegger.nl • View topic - gm_Arcade!
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]

On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate this map?
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
3 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
4 63%  63%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: gm_Arcade!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:45 am 
[Editor]
[Editor]

Ever wanted to BE pacman? Well, now you can!

This is a map that I have been working on for about two months on and off. It's going off of the original idea of a de_rats style map. It isn't 100% complete yet, but it will be in a few weeks.
The map is essentially a gaint arcade/game room. Right now it is in the middle of space, but in the next few days I'm going to update it with the walled version. The arcade consists of a pacman machine, a street fighter machine, a pong machine, a change machine, an airhockey table, and a pinball machine(soon to be removed). The only machine that is useable at the moment is the pacman machine. You press the button on the control panel of the machine and the pellets appear inside. when you runinto or shoot the pellets the shatter. I am hoping to lua script the rest of the game soon.
The majority of the textures were made by me, excluding the pinball machine(Steam) and the interior of the pacman machine(fperfect).

gm_arcadeV2.8 download:

v2.8 IHud Mirror:

A few preview teaser shots of V3:

The couch:

The fan:

The Nintendo Entertainment System(multiple shots):

Tell me what you think. Have fun!

Systems I own:
Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Sege CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, ColecoVision, PS2, Xbox, {{{{{ XBOX 360}}}}}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

Welcome to the new Smartzenegger.nl Versatile Game forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:49 am 
[Editor]
[Editor]

Systems I own:
Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Sege CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, ColecoVision, PS2, Xbox, {{{{{ XBOX 360}}}}}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:35 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:25 pm 
[Editor]
[Editor]

You walk into the screen :D . Pacman is the only(nearly) full functional machine. You walk out of it and press the button on the control panel, and then walk back inside. Now you can run around and try to get all of the pellets while your friend chases and tries to kill you(ghost :wink:). fperfect111 is lua scripting the next version for me. The next version will be more interactive and should be done soon.

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

well, its very nice indeed.
becouse of your work, i tagged you with "Editor"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:59 pm 

i now this is off topic but as you get better do you get more stars?

Last edited by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:03 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

maybe, time will tell.
its not an automated system.
i have to tag you manualy to change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:01 am 
[Editor]
[Editor]

FKalkman, I really need your help on a problem that just came up. It says: Max_Map_Planes and then gives me the brush number. I have tried deleting it, but it just gave me another one, over and over again. I even tried making nearly everything a func_detail. Nothing is working. Do you know a solution to this problem? I sure hope my map isn't screwed. :?

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:03 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

well, becouse those errors are hard to solve.
just keep enough backups all the time.
just try to delete your latest progress untill before the error.
basicly, delete more and more untill you know where to look.
then reload the backup, and delete only that part.
then you are sure its at that point.
then you are going to find out what it exactly is.
i never had that kind of error.
but its something stupic i can tell.
just try this first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:07 pm 
[Editor]
[Editor]

Excellent :roll: ... Every time I fix an error I get another error. The one that is screwing me over right now is: Too Many T-Junctions To Fix Up!. Do you know how to fix THIS error? I made the overall map size smaller and it still didn't fix the problem. I deleted some of the smaller or more complex brushes, but still get the error. This is starting to become very depressing :cry: . :?

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:56 pm 
[F.Kalkman]
[F.Kalkman]

please, read my previous post.
tread it the same way!
backing up your map, is just to make a copy.
where you can delete as much as needed.
i explained in my previous post!
just do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:36 pm 
[Editor]
[Editor]

I redid almost 75% of my map and now am able to compile. sadly, I can only compile without my gorgious nintendo :cry: Oh well.

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:03 pm 
[Editor]
[Editor]

Got it compiled, but i get the vertex buffer error. I'm to angered with my map right now. I'll see if anyone is good at errors that I know and send them the map for them to fix. I'm gonna start a new map. For now i'm off. later.

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:27 am 
[Editor]
[Editor]

Systems I own:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:46 am 
Don't hurt me!
Don't hurt me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 am 
Let's Rock!
Let's Rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:16 am 
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:27 pm 

its almost as funny as the giant lego man.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]